The group is playing through a classic Planescape adventure, The Great Modron March, converted to 5th edition.
(Shauna) Levity - Tiefling Monk linked to Glasya
(Chloe Christine) Lyra - Tiefling Paladin
(Hadeel) Miga - Tiefling Rogue an urchin who lives by the sea
(Lysa Chen) Mercy - Tiefling Shadow sorcerer from Ravenloft
(TK Johnson) Gille - Tiefling Paladin
(Kayla) Pentar - Tiefling linked to Zuggtmoy
(Holly Conrad) Durge - Tiefling Bard college of whispers, member of the Dustmen
The adventurers are in the office building. It's been a few months since the modron abduction incident from episode 4.
Lyra is back, and she's brought gifts for everyone:
- Mercy: A cloak of gleaming. It can never get dirty. Mercy is extremely into this.
- Levity: A pole of collapsing. You can use an action to shift it between a 10 foot pole and a 1 foot rod. Levity gives Lyra a multi-colored stone - it's a sensory stone! You can record memories in it.
- Pentar: A staff of flowers. With it, you can summon any kind of flower that you want. Pentar offers a respectful handshake and scrambles down the stairs.
- Durge: An instrument of scribing. It will animate and write things on its own. Durge declares that this is an excellent gift for the Dustmen faction.
- Gille: A cloak of billowing! When Gille poses, the cloak billows. Gille loves it but tries to play it cool and tells her it's pretty nice.
- Miga: A wand of pyrotechnics. Lyra says it's only for emergencies. Apparently it sends up flares. Miga promptly begins to wait for an emergency. It is also known as the "emergency stick."
There's a scratching sound at the door. It's the talking cat. He is looking for his niece - Durge. He's checking up on her and seeing how she's settling in to the place.
The cat says that the modrons are marching up a river in the Beastlands and it is poisoning a river there.
Gille made a statue made of cheese. Miga tastes it. She vanishes for 7 minutes. She had gone to Limbo. While there, she used all the charges on her emergency stick.
The heroes travel to the Beastlands. Lyra takes a deep breath. She loves the Beastlands. There's tall grass, it's a vast savanna. Jysson directs the group. He sits on Durge's shoulder and indicates a direction.
A pair of faeries fly up to the group and call for help. Pentar wants to eat them. She takes a bite from one of their shoulders. He calls out, "Oh, Fianna! I am undone!"
He's OK. Durge drops a pamphlet on him. Jysson reminds the group they don't want to make an enemy of the seelie fey.
As the group walks, they see that S3-4N getting lost in the tall grass. Miga holds him up so he can see above the grass.
A giant scorpion suddenly attacks the group. A pair of elephants come charging up as well. The larger elephant attacks Gille.
As the battle progresses, the group starts gaining animal traits. Gille gains fur, Lyra sprouts feathers, S3-4N has cat ears (the group loves this).
Jysson explains that the longer amount of time you spend in the Beastlands, the more like an animal you become.
The combat is resolved, and the group spots the modrons. They are marching, and the heroes notice that there are some people accompanying them. There's a force field lining the march, and there are winged elves. One approaches the heroes.
There's a tree called Ilifar-of-the-wind. Pentar approaches it and casts speak with plants. She asks the tree what is happening. It slowly explains that the elves put up a barrier to stop the modrons.
The force field has forced the modrons to march in the river itself.
There are robed people chanting. They're cleansing the land to the best of their ability. There are thorns on one bank. A female druid emerges and greets the group. She tells the heroes are disturbing their ritual.
The druid explains that the blood war spilled over here and tainted the land. The druids are enacting a ritual to slowly remove demon ichor from the land.
Lyra and Gille, both paladins, try to help cleanse the land.
Durge has almost completely transformed into a rat. Mercy's hands become hoof-like. Is her mage hand also a hoof? A mage hoof?
Gille's face changes. He sprouts whiskers. He looks like a tabaxi.
S3-4N grows a kitty tail. Now he has... catnip packets. No. He's confused. He asks Miga why he had grown a tentacle. He looks Jysson, who is asleep. He copies Jysson.
The heroes finish the ritual and cleanse the land. They are brought to the Seelie Court, and are rewarded with gifts:
- Mercy: A decanter of endless water. She tries to grab it with her hoof-hands.
- Pentar: A glass jar with a thick mixture that smells like aloe. It's healing ointment.
- Levity: A rope of climbing.
- Durge: Dust of disappearance.
- Lyra: Brooch of protection.
- Miga: A driftglobe.
- Gille: An immovable rod.
The group leaves the court and emerge into an orchard of apple trees. There's a portal here - it leads to the gate-town of Sylvania. Levity smiles and says, "We're going to have some fun here."