- (@MCHenley) Chidara - Human Fighter
- (@Zombolouge) Autumn - Human Rogue
- (@TimothyMagick) Corporal Katra - Hobgoblin Warlord
- (@Soupsuka) Amfyra - Eladrin Paladin
- (Me) Bram Rahss - Human Cleric
The Tension: From almost the start, we noticed quite a bit of romantic tension between Chidara and Autumn. The rest of us have been watching their interactions with great interest. Almost every time we play, they end up talking and we sneak around, eavesdropping and reporting to each other what was said.
Jarlaxle: So we're trying to find our way out of this ice dungeon and back up to the surface. We fail our checks and get lost. Who do we run into? Jarlaxle and a bunch of drow. Jarlaxle knows we have a box full of gold on us (part of another quest) and wants us to hand it over.
Chidara is our leader. Our group is something of a military-style strike team. Chidara decides that we can't take on Jarlaxle (true) and hands it over. Chidara is bummed about this, and once the drow move on, Autumn has a quiet conversation with Chidara about this which, of course, I excitedly eavesdrop on. They didn't touch each other, but they came pretty close.
The Unsinkable: My character was the only survivor of a horrible shipwreck. Every time we play, I try to tell another tragic tale of someone on the ship that died. The shipwreck haunts my character, and at this point, nobody's really sure if any of these stories are actually true, because they are so ridiculous. The crew of the Unsinkable:
- Captain Tide: I keep getting Chidara mixed up with Captain Tide, to the point that I call Chidara "Captain" most of the time.
- Opie: The cabin boy. He drowned.
- Happiness: There was a dog on the ship named Happiness. He sunk under the sea and I never saw Happiness again.
- "Mo" Tivation: I lost motivation.
- Inner Peese: I am endlessly seeking signs of Inner Piece.
- Hope: We lost Hope, a halfling sailor, long ago.
- Bai Curious: Bai Curious was a handsome man that I was fascinated with. Rumor had it that he had killed a cat.
- Old Man Moistfinger: He kept himself dry, save for one wet finger. I tried to save him as he was drowning, but a shark pulled him away. All I held onto was his moist finger, which I carry to this day (It's actually a baby carrot).
Someone dropped a fireball on them. Two burning zombies looked, to me, like Opie and captain Tide. I put the fire out on Opie and yelled the Captain Tide had to live! "What you and autumn have is special! You can't let it go!"
At the same time, two remorhazes popped up and attacked! The group dropped them pretty quick, though a few heroes took a lot of damage.
There was a ballista on the burning ship and I was able to fire on a remorhaz with it.
We survived and My character came to his senses. Next time, we should emerge near the Sea of Moving Ice! Hopefully we'll run into another ship.
You can check this episode out right here: