Table of Contents - A handy way to check out my articles by topic
My most recent Guides:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can reach me at: powerscorerpg@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The RPGN - The Weekly RPG Highlight Show

Check out episode 1 here.

I have been working on a couple of big projects over the last few months. The first is the Dice, Camera, Action wiki, which is now fully up and running! I actually got to work with some Wizards of the Coast people on it, which was really awesome.

I got to talk to Bart Carroll on the phone about Dragon+ for like half an hour. The poor guy probably wanted to fake his own death to get out of the conversation, but I couldn't stop myself.

The other secret project just came out the other day. It's a show! It's sort of like the ESPN of tabletop gaming: The RPGN.

There are a lot of people putting their RPG games online, but it's really hard to know what's out there, and what the shows are like. Most people are aware of Critical Role, but other than that, there's not really a ton of awareness.

The Point: The idea here is to make a way for people to see what's out there and keep up to speed with everything that is going on in the world of D&D and RPG streaming. We want to cover as much as we can, whether it gets thousands of views a week, or zero views a week.

I am hoping that we can help increase the audience of people who are busting their butts on their campaigns. I absolutely love the idea of using this as a way to identify who good players and DMs are, and then figuring out what it is that makes them good.

DMs of the Future: I think that, over time, people will become much, much better at DMing. We can all watch others do it. We can learn from their mistakes and improve our own games. When somebody does something that works, we all benefit.

WebDM: I am working with WebDM on this project. WebDM is an extremely popular D&D youtube channel. I first met them as a guest on their podcast and it turns out we have a lot in common. Pruitt and I both had the idea of a D&D clip show rattling around in our heads for a long time, and once we started talking about it, we got really excited.

My job on this thing is to get footage. I organize it, put it in files, and provide context. Then the producers sort through it and make the show.

SEND ME YOUR CLIPS
: So! I need footage! Every single week! If you have an online show, for the love of God, send me clips! Links to twitch clips is best - I'm having a hard time pulling footage off of youtube videos.

Try to keep them under a minute or two. We get a lot of funny ones, and that's good, but I'd love dramatic moments - a battle with a major NPC (like Strahd), a critical hit in a crucial moment, or the death of a character.

Send them to: powerscorerpg@gmail.com

Blog Stuff

Here's my schedule right now:
In addition to that, I'm working on this RPGN show, maintaining the DCA wiki, and I'm trying to finish Emirikol's Tome of Foes, a DMs Guild product.

Once that's done, I will finish up and release Emirikol's Guide to Demons. I have a lot of that one done, and have tons of art for it. The art for this one is much better than the stuff in the guide to devils!

This blog, unfortunately, has suffered from me taking on too much at once. I fully intend on posting more here once I get things under control. I really love making guides to D&D stuff for this blog, and I am hoping to get back to it relatively soon. Once I get back to the guide to demons, I can make some guides for the blog as I do research - I still need to write up Pazuzu, Zuggtmoy, and LOLTH!

The guide to Lolth is probably going to be gigantic, should be awesome! She's in so many products, I bet there's all sorts of weird tidbits to unearth.

The Stream of Many Eyes

From June 1st-3rd, they'll be doing the Stream of Many Eyes, a big streaming event on the D&D channel. I'll be writing recaps of the whole thing, just like I did with the Stream of Annihilation last year. I think I'm going to do a wrap up show each night on my twitch channel, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Thanks to everyone who buys my DMs Guild products! Because of you, I actually make a living doing this goofy stuff.

1 comment:

Bextol said...

Private banking is investment, financial and other day-to-day banking services provided by banks and other financial institutions to people with high incomes and other assets, commonly referred to as high income people. Typically, the term private refers to the more personal attitude and services provided by bankers as part of a private banking package, as compared to mass retail banking. Private banking is usually a subset of wealth management and consists of a variety of services such as general banking, brokerage, discretionary asset management, wealth structuring, insurance, consulting, lending, investment services, and even tax planning. http://www.confiduss.com/en/info/blog/article/private-bank-account-opening-malta/