Table of Contents - A handy way to check out my articles by topic
My most recent Guides:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can reach me at: powerscorerpg@gmail.com

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dungeons & Dragons - Come Play Online with Me


I liked playing Eberron online, so I've decided to try running some online games. If you are interested, email me: powerscorerpg@gmail.com.

I am running one this Saturday at 7 PM EST and I'd like 2 more people, so if you can make that, let me know. 1st level characters, I'm running an old Chris Perkins adventure converted to 5e.

I think what I'd like to do is run a few games and get the hang of what it is like. Once I feel comfortable, I have two old mega-adventures I am going to convert to 5e and make a campaign out of. I think I might record them and put them on youtube.

So if you want to be a part of that, let me know!

A few things about my style:
  • The sessions will be 2 hours long. I like to keep it short.
  • I'll be using google hangouts. I think I will try Roll20 at some point.
  • I am very loose with the rules, so if you're a min/maxer or a rules-oriented person you won't like it.
  • I don't care if you're new to the game, all I care about is that you are considerate to everyone and are a team player.
  • I am very joke-y but I take the game serious.
  • I don't like to stop the game to look stuff up, so often I just make a call and look it up later.
  • I will write about these games in this blog. Just so you know!
  • It will be set in my homebrew world that I've been using for 25 years.
  • Try and have your main stats handy - especially your spell attack bonus and your DC. I try to keep things moving.
I hope to hear from you! I am really interested to see how this turns out, or if it will even work at all.


Also, the Force Grey special live show is this Monday. If you live in or near LA, you can get free tickets. I am told they will be giving out a free 32 page adventure and a poster to everyone. I tried to find out what the adventure is, but had no luck.

7 comments:

Jon said...

Sounds like fun! I'm running a game of my own that night though... Life of a DM

Zingbob Co said...

Hey Sean, have you ever run a game on roll20 before? If not, I might be available to provide some insights into how the site works as well as leaving you with a couple monster statblocks and other tools that may or may not be useful to you. Your guides and other blog posts have been invaluable to me as a DM and thus I feel that I should give back to you.

jburgos said...

I'll be there

Unknown said...

Very tempting offer. I'd love to play, but I can't 100% commit to regular sessions. It's what keeps me from playing more often as both DM and player. But if this goes well and you keep it up, I'd be interested in the future

Non sequitur: Your blog is what convinced me to start playing back when 5e first came out. I've been running irregular sessions with family in fantasy grounds for about a year now, and your guides helped me get them off the ground. Good luck with the session!

Sean said...

Jonathan Garcia: I'll be doing more, so if you are interested shoot me an email!

Zingbob: Thank you! Awesome, I will need the help! Email me when you can: powerscorerpg@gmail.com

jburgos: Excellent!

Nick Taylor: OK, stay in the loop. Thank you, I'm glad my stuff helped!

Ed Hall said...

I'd love to join the gang, but, being in Brazil, 7PM EST would be 10PM EST, and I can get murdered by my girlfriend for violating her SST (Saturday Sacred Time).

I hope everything goes well and that you have some other timeframes in the future!

PS: I'm currently running Dead Gods in 5E and your posts on the ongoing Planescape campaign are incredibly insightful!

Best,

Eduardo

ms said...

Hi Sean,

First time comment. Love the blog.

I sent an application directly to your email. Whether I get to play or not, I look forward to the writeups!